- Russian-Japanese Relations
- Economic Relations between Russia and Japan
- Science and technology cooperation
- Cultural Exchange
- Photo Gallery
- Events, Meetings, Statements
- Virtual Tour
- History of the Embassy
- Russia Day
- Prior Appointment
- Consular Relations between Russia and Japan
- Consular Section News
- Contact Details
- Consular Services
- Russian Visas
- Visa Categories
- About Russian Visas
- Additional Visa Application Requirements for the Citizens of Third Countries
- Emergency Visa Application
- Migration Card
- FIFA World Cup 2018 FAN ID
- Other Consular Services
- Press and Mass Media
- Matters of Trade and Business
- Russian Visas
Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s telephone conversation with Foreign Minister of Japan Toshimitsu Motegi
On October 16, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov had a telephone conversation with Foreign Minister of Japan Toshimitsu Motegi, at the latter’s initiative.
Pursuant to the agreements between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, the ministers discussed topical issues of Russia-Japan relations, including the prospects of promoting political dialogue, trade and economic cooperation, practical cooperation in healthcare, including measures against the novel coronavirus, and cultural contacts.
The ministers covered specific aspects of the cross-year of inter-regional and sister-city links, and preparations for the projects that are part of the two countries’ joint economic activity on the southern Kuril Islands.
Sergey Lavrov noted the great importance of dialogue on security issues.
The parties exchanged opinions on global and regional issues of mutual interest.