- Russian-Japanese Relations
- Economic Relations between Russia and Japan
- Science and technology cooperation
- Cultural Exchange
- Photo Gallery
- Events, Meetings, Statements
- Virtual Tour
- History of the Embassy
- Russia Day
- Prior Appointment
- Consular Relations between Russia and Japan
- Consular Section News
- Contact Details
- Consular Services
- Russian Visas
- Visa Categories
- About Russian Visas
- Additional Visa Application Requirements for the Citizens of Third Countries
- Emergency Visa Application
- Migration Card
- FIFA World Cup 2018 FAN ID
- Other Consular Services
- Press and Mass Media
- Matters of Trade and Business
- Russian Visas
President V.Putin's telephone conversation with Prime Minister of Japan Y.Suga
On September 29, President of Russia Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihide Suga.
Vladimir Putin congratulated Yoshihide Suga on his recent appointment as the prime minister of the country (he had earlier received a message).
Both parties noted the progress achieved in the past years in developing the Russia-Japan dialogue and cooperation in politics, trade, economic, cultural and humanitarian affairs.
The prospects for cooperation in the field of healthcare, including the development of a coronavirus vaccine, were discussed. Both sides confirmed mutual intention to continue the efforts with regard to promoting the entire spectrum of Russia-Japan relations in the interests of the two nations and the Asia-Pacific Region in general.
The President and the Prime Minister agreed to continue contacts at different levels as the epidemiological situation normalises.