- Prior Appointment
- Consular Relations between Russia and Japan
- Consular Section News
- Contact Details
- Consular Services
- Russian Visas
- Visa Categories
- About Russian Visas
- Additional Visa Application Requirements for the Citizens of Third Countries
- Emergency Visa Application
- Migration Card
- Other Consular Services
- Press and Mass Media
- Matters of Trade and Business
- Russian Visas
Foreign citizens and stateless persons aiming to enter Russia due to death or serious illness of a close relative in Russia can as an exception apply for Russian visa on special conditions and also on a priority basis and during non-working hours.
According to paragraph 2 of article 5 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Russian Federation, close relatives are spouses, parents, children, step- parents, step-children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
In such case a single (double) common private visa is issued, travel purpose being "special case".
For visa application in emergency case a foreign citizen or a stateless person must provide the following documents:
- The original of a foreign passport of a foreign citizen or a stateless person with at least two empty visa pages and valid for a minimum of 6 months starting on the day of visa expiry;
- A personal application written in a free form containing a request for visa issue in the name of the head of Russian diplomatic mission or consular institution. The application must contain the circumstances that have forced the person to ask for an urgent visa issue, an estimated period of staying in Russia, travel route and full address of the place to stay in Russia.
Besides a written application an applicant must provide:
1) Medical records - a telegram from Russia signed by a doctor and confirmed by a telegraph operator, or any other properly confirmed document from a medical institution that proves the emergency situation.
2) A document that proves close relationship between the applicant and his relative in Russia (marriage certificate, birth certificate etc.)
- Electronic Visa Application Form, filled out in Russian or English, and printed directly from the following website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru. (Please follow the instructions for the procedure, available at the above mentioned website, provided in Russian as well as other languages, including Japanese.)
- One passport size (3.5 x 4.5cm) clear photo in colour taken full-face directly facing the camera and against a plain white or light-coloured background. Only non-tinted prescription glasses and head covering worn daily for a religious purpose or as a part of national costume (in this case the same head covering must be worn in the passport photo) are allowed.
Such visa is free of charge.
Attention! The Consular section of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Japan can require additional visa documents, invite you for an interview or extend the time of visa issue procedure.
If you are not a Japanese citizen please also check the additional information on visa application for third country citizens under the following link.
Visa fees should be paid on the day of the application(Japanese yen only).The visa processing fee is not refundable.
There is a change in a form of payment of consular fees since July 1, 2019. Only bank transfers or credit card payment (“Visa” or “Mastercard”) are accepted. Payment by cash is not accepted. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
|The fee for processing visa application for citizens of Japan *|
|Visa type||Not longer than 3 |
|at least 11 |
|10,000 yen||4,000 yen||FREE|
* Only Japanese nationals are eligible for free visas. Citizens of other countries may be charged an extra consular fee on the basis of reciprocity.
** If a weekend or a Russian national holiday falls during the processing period, then the processing period is further extended to include the duration of the weekend/holiday.
*** Multiple visa on a direct invitation from Russian company/individual may be issued to those foreign nationals who had previously visited Russia within the one year period before the application. The multiple entry visa issuing process takes 10 to 20 working days.